Stay Informed

Funding from Communication Aids Charity

Posted on 09/05/2019

Applying for any sort of loan or funding can be both stressful and long-winded, but as communication aids charity, we want to make the process as easy as possible. We’ve outlined how people with incoherent speech or who are non-verbal can go about obtaining a communication aid, using our charity to fund the device.


If you are eligible for a communication aid from our charity, the first step is to have an assessment. Users who require such devices may have to trail a few different types of speech aid before they choose the right one. This is not something that The Sequal Trust can offer, however, if you are struggling to communicate, it is likely that your Speech and Language Therapist will already be assessing the need for a device with you. Once the right device is chosen, you can then apply for us for funding.


After having an assessment, you can begin the process of applying through our communication aids charity for funding, only if you are from a low-income family or NHS funding is unavailable. There are 4 forms to fill out. An assessment form must be completed by the health care provider and anyone wishing to receive our help must also fill out a membership form to join The Sequal Trust. After this, the individual in need or a family member should fill out a Just Giving Declaration form and an Income and Expenditure form, all of which can be found on our website.


Once we have received and approved an application, we will be in regular contact with you to update you on the progress of funding your devices. As a communication aid charity, all money we raise comes from donations and fundraisers so we cannot always guarantee when you will receive your chosen device, but we will be transparent and offer support and advice throughout.

For more information about our communication aids charity call our team on 01691 624 222.